Book Title: Moon San Miguel de Allende: Including Guanajuato & Querétaro (Moon Handbooks)
Publisher: Moon Travel
Author: Julie Meade
Related BooksMoon Travel Guides: Your World, Your Way
San Miguel's baroque architecture and local flavors will charm anyone who walk its cobblestone streets. Immerse yourself with Moon San Miguel de Allende.
With Moon San Miguel de Allende's practical tips, myriad activities, and an insider's view on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.
- Strategic itineraries, from a week touring the best of San Miguel to three days diving into the art and architecture or food and culture of the region
- Activities and ideas for every traveler: Admire colonial architecture, contemporary art galleries, and traditional craft markets. Find the best places to soak in a hot spring, sample mezcal, and snack on gorditas. Tour the Franciscan missions of the Sierra Gorda, or listen to the mariachis serenade diners on the sidewalks. Learn about the history of Mexico's independence and cheer on the colorful parades that accompany local religious festivals, or taste/sample handmade tamales before it's siesta time
- Insider advice from local expert Julie Doherty Meade, who shares the real vida mexicana
- Detailed maps and directions for exploring on your own
- Full-color with vibrant, helpful photos
- Background information on the landscape, culture, history, and individual neighborhoods
- Essential insight for travelers on health and safety, transportation, and accommodations, as well as a handy Spanish phrasebook, packaged in a book light enough to fit in your day pack
- In-depth coverage of San Miguel de Allende and vicinity, Guanajuato, and Querétaro
Hoping for más Mexico? Check out Moon Cancún & Cozumel, Moon Los Cabos,
or Moon Mexico City.